PRIVACY STATEMENT COVRA N.V.
This is the privacy statement of COVRA NV. COVRA NV is the central organisation designated by the legislator for the disposal, processing and storage of radioactive waste, located at Nieuwdorp (4455 TW) at Spanjeweg 1.
COVRA NV guarantees the protection of the privacy of persons whose personal data it processes. Personal data will be processed with the greatest possible care and will be treated confidentially. COVRA NV takes into account the legal requirements for the protection of personal data.
This privacy statement applies only to the processing of personal data of natural persons. Non-natural persons, including legal entities, do not have personal data within the meaning of the privacy legislation and can therefore not derive any rights therefrom.
With this privacy statement, COVRA NV informs you about whose personal data COVRA NV processes, which data are processed, for which purposes, on which principles this is done and what your rights are. At the bottom of this privacy statement, you will find the contact details of the data controller.
Whose personal data does COVRA process?
- customers of COVRA NV;employees of COVRA NV;
- recipients of COVRA NV’s mailing;
- users of the contact form on our website;
- persons who contact COVRA NV in any way (in writing);
- visitors to our company site and our website.
What personal data are processed by COVRA NV?
COVRA NV processes the personal data that have been directly or indirectly provided to us. This may include your name, address and place of residence, telephone number, e-mail address, but also your IP address or a copy of your proof of identity. Personal data are data that directly or indirectly refer to a person and which allow this person to be identified.
Why is COVRA NV allowed to process your personal data?
COVRA NV may process your personal data because…
- you have given COVRA NV permission for the processing of your personal data. If you have consented to the processing of your personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time;
- the processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of the commission contract between you and COVRA NV;
- COVRA NV has a legal obligation to process your personal data;
- COVRA NV has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data.
For what purposes may COVRA NV use your personal data?
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes, among other things:
- maintaining a customer database;
- the performance of the commission contract. This means that personal data sometimes must be shared with, for example, other parties such as government bodies and regulators;
- keeping personnel and payroll records;
- sending out (digital) mailing and newsletters (for example, for information about our services, announcements or invitations to events and news items);
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- to contact a customer and to maintain contact.
COVRA NV may instruct a third party (‘data processor’) to process your personal data. In such a case, a data processing agreement between COVRA NV and the data processor is mandatory. COVRA NV will ensure that this data processing agreement is concluded and meets the legal requirements.
COVRA NV does not store personal data that are processed longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes of the data processing or than is required by laws and regulations.
Cookies are small information files that can be automatically stored on or read from the visitor’s device (such as PC, tablet or smartphone) when visiting a website. These cookies are placed by the web browser on the device.
On our websites, cookies or similar technologies that store and/or read information on the device (for ease of reading, all such techniques will be referred to here as ‘cookies’) are used to:
- Enable functionalities of the website (technical or functional cookies);
- To analyse the use of the website and to improve the website on the basis thereof (analytics cookies);
- Enable the visitor to interact directly with certain social media (social media cookies), and;
- Provide the visitor with (personalised) advertisements (advertisement cookies).
The information obtained by the cookie about your use of the website may be transferred to Nedbase’s secured servers or those of a third party. The use of social media cookies and advertising cookies requires your prior consent. You provide this consent by continuing to use the website after visiting the homepage.
Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. For example, cookies can be used to render fonts correctly, to remember your session on the web server so you can view the website, or to remember a search term that is searched within the website or a chosen filter.
For which cookies do we ask your permission?
Below is an overview of the cookies that we use in addition to the analytical, technical and functional cookies. We use some cookies ourselves, but for other cookies we use third parties. These parties act on our behalf, and we determine what happens with the information obtained by the cookies. There are also cookies that are only placed and used by third parties. We have no control over these third parties and how they handle your data.
Below we have included an overview of the cookies used and the corresponding parties. For more information on how these third parties handle cookies, please refer to the relevant privacy statement.
Please note: The privacy statements of third parties may change regularly.
- Google Tag Manager Google privacy statement
- Double Click (part of Google) Google privacy statement
Enabling and disabling cookies
You can set your browser to accept cookies only if you agree to them. Please note that many websites do not work optimally if the cookies are disabled.
Many cookies have an expiration date. If an expiration date is set, the cookie is automatically deleted when this date expires. You can also choose to delete cookies manually prior to the expiration date. Please consult the manual of your browser.
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to websites of third persons connected to our website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or safe manner. We recommend reading the privacy statements of these websites before you use them.
Amendment of the privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy and cookie statement. Any changes will be published on this website. It is advisable to frequently consult this statement in order to be informed about any possible changes that might be made to it.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request COVRA NV to inspect, rectify, delete or remove your personal data. You may also request that the processing of your personal data be restricted or that your personal data be transferred. For questions or a request for inspection or correction of your personal data, restriction of the processing, removal or withdrawal of your consent or for submitting an objection, you can contact us at telephone number +31 (0)113 – 616 666 or e-mail address email@example.com.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course, we are also happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Pursuant to the privacy legislation, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority about our processing of your personal data. To this end, contact the Data Protection Authority.
If, after reading our privacy and cookie statement, you have any further questions and/or comments, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Telephone: +31 (0)113 – 616 666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org